What is Android Auto/Apple CarPlay?
Securely access your smartphone while driving. Various functions of your smartphone are displayed on and operable from the screen of the multimedia device (e.g. navigation, making a call, listening to music etc.)
When connected, an Android Auto/Apple CarPlay icon appears on the screen. Available functions and operations may differ depending on the company model.
For more information, visit the Google or Apple website.
- Android Auto is a registered trademark of Google Inc.
- Apple CarPlay is a registered trademark of Apple Inc.
- Android Auto and Apple CarPlay are unavailable if the phone OS is not the latest version or if the phone cannot be recognized due to a shutdown caused by a failure or defect in the device itself.
- Your phone may not be recognised if its battery is low. Charge your phone then try again.
- If your phone is shut down due to a defect in the device itself, reset your phone and try again.
- If the USB cable of the Android Auto/ Apple CarPlay device is repeatedly disconnected and reconnected in a short period of time, the phone may malfunction. This can also cause a device failure.
- The device recognition time may differ depending on the device type and firmware/OS version.
- Using the USB cable that came with the phone is recommended. (Using a non-genuine product may cause noise or malfunction.)
- Normal operations cannot be guaranteed if the phone is arbitrarily manipulated while Android Auto/Apple CarPlay is active.
- Apple CarPlay cannot be run while making a call vie Bluetooth.
- Android Auto or Apple CarPlay may not operate normally due to mobile phone issues.
- Carrier charges may apply when using Android Auto or Apple CarPlay.
- Some features may not operate normally according to the version of iOS and Android.
- The following problems may occur due to phone-related issues:
- Intermittent black screens appear when entering Android Auto.
- Differentiation of phones that support Android Auto and those which do not, may not be possible.
- Black screens appear in some areas of the screen due to app errors.
- Intermittent black screens appear when entering Apple CarPlay.
- Black screens appear in some areas of the screen due to app errors when navigating between screens in Apple CarPlay.
- The audio volume is depending on the volume status of the phone. If the phone volume is set to 0, then no sound will be hearable even if the multimedia system´s volume is set to maximum.
- The sound output of a call may be cut upon disconnecting Apple CarPlay during a call via Apple CarPlay.
- If services do not work properly due to problems similar to the specified above, check your phone, and if necessary, reconnect your phone after restarting.
Using Android Auto or Apple CarPlay
- Make sure only genuine USB cables are used that were provided by the mobile phone´s manufacturer.
- Enter [Android Auto] or [Apple CarPlay] from the [HOME] screen.
- Now the features such as navigation, music and phone are ready to be used.
- Before connecting your mobile phone, check whether Android Auto or Apple CarPlay is activated in the [Phone Projection] menu.
- After connecting the mobile phone, the phone has to be unlocked and the disclaimers on the phone have to be accepted in order to launch Android Auto or Apple CarPlay.
- The screens and features displayed on the multimedia system correspond to the screens and features provided by Google or Apple. They are subject to changes according to the policy of the respective company.
- Bluetooth media features will be disabled when Android Auto is activated. After removing the USB cable, these features will be available again.
- If Android Auto is not activated even after a successful connection, follow these steps:
- Check whether an error occurred on the phone.
- Check whether Android Auto has been closed on the phone.
- Check whether Android Auto is activated in the [Phone Projection] menu.
- If Android Auto does not work normally even after a reconnection has been made, visit the Google website .
- Please refer to the following websites to check the available countries for the [Android Auto].
- Bluetooth phone/media features will be disabled when Apple CarPlay is activated. After removing the USB cable, these features will be available again.
- If Apple CarPlay is not activated even after a successful connection, follow these steps:
- Check whether Apple CarPlay is disabled in the iPhone´s application settings.
- Check whether Apple CarPlay is activated in the [Phone Projection] menu.
- If Apple CarPlay does not work normally even after a reconnection has been made, visit the Apple website
- Please refer to the following websites to check the available countries for the [Apple CarPlay].