Bluetooth® Wireless Technology
Before Using the Bluetooth Hands-free
What is Bluetooth Wireless Technology?
- Bluetooth Wireless Technology refers to a short-distance wireless networking technology which uses a 2.45GHz frequency to connect various devices within a certain distance.
- Supported within PCs, external devices, Bluetooth phones, PDAs, various electronic devices, and automotive environments, Bluetooth Wireless Technology to be transmitted at high speeds without having to use a connector cable.
- Bluetooth Hands-free refers to a device which allows the user to conveniently make phone calls with Bluetooth mobile phones through the system.
- The Bluetooth Hands-free feature may not be supported in some mobile phones.
Precautions for Safe Driving
- Bluetooth is a feature that enables drivers to use handsfree while driving. Connecting the head unit with a Bluetooth phone allows the user to conveniently make calls, receive calls, and manage the phone book. Before using Bluetooth Wireless Technology, carefully read the contents of this user’s manual.
- Excessive use or operations while driving may lead to negligent driving practices and be the cause of accidents. Do not operate the device excessively while driving.
- Viewing the screen for prolonged periods of time is dangerous and may lead to accidents. When driving, view the screen only for short periods of time.
Cautions upon Connecting Bluetooth Phone
- Before connecting the head unit with the mobile phone, check to see that the mobile phone supports Bluetooth features.
- If you do not want automatic connection with your Bluetooth device, turn the Bluetooth feature off of the Bluetooth device.
- Park the vehicle when pairing the head unit with the mobile phone.
- Some Bluetooth features may occasionally not operate properly depending on the firmware version of your mobile phone. If such features can be operated after receiving a S/W upgrade from your mobile phone manufacturer, unpair all devices and pair again before use.
- When pairing and the head unit with the iPhone for the first time while your iPhone is connected to the USB port with iPhone cable, error message may be displayed on your iPhone. But, this is intended operation. You may ignore it if your iPhone has been connected to the head unit.